Request Appointment for Metal Braces
Metal Braces in Gardena, CA
Tired of dealing with crooked teeth? Our traditional braces can straighten teeth, correct bite issues, and help with overcrowded teeth.
At Gardena Orthodontics, we understand that a mouthful of crowded, crooked teeth can make you feel uncomfortable showing off your smile. We want you to have complete confidence in your oral health, and we know that braces are a great way to achieve straight teeth in a short amount of time.
What Are Traditional Braces?
Traditional braces are small stainless steel brackets attached to each tooth using a powerful dental adhesive. If necessary, stainless steel bands are wrapped around each bracket to act as anchors. The brackets are connected to each other using metal arch wires, and spacers are placed in between each tooth to allow for movement.
The idea behind braces is to apply gentle but continuous pressure to the teeth so they will slowly move into their predestined places. Bone connected to the teeth will also change shape as the teeth move. To aid the braces as they reposition your teeth, other components may be added, such as:
- Elastic bands to secure the arch wires to the brackets
- Buccal tubes placed on the last tooth to keep the end of the arch wires in place
- Rubber bands connected to hooks on the brackets in various positions to help move teeth in certain directions
- Headgear may be necessary to straighten your bite if it’s crooked. It can also assist with moving molars or creating space for crowded teeth.
Benefits of Traditional Braces
- They are a cost-effective option for straightening your teeth.
- They are short-term. You only need to wear them for a couple of years to achieve lifelong results.
- They are an extremely effective tool for correcting an over-crowded mouth. Your dentist can make small adjustments over time to help gently move teeth.
What Is The Process For Metal Braces?
When you come in for your consultation, Dr. Hamid Barkhordar will talk to you about any health issues, as well as your personal and family health history. We’ll also take impressions of your mouth, X-rays, and pictures of your face. All of these images help us craft the perfect set of braces that fit your mouth comfortably during your straightening treatment.
At your next appointment, we will affix the braces to your teeth. Afterwards, you will need to come in every few months so we can check your braces and make any necessary adjustments. When it’s time to take the braces off, we’ll give your teeth a thorough cleaning and fit you with a custom retainer to ensure your new smile stays beautiful for life.
Braces stay on your teeth for anywhere from one year to four years, depending on how much work is needed. We encourage you to make your braces part of your personal style by offering you different colored brackets and elastic bands to choose from.
Thinking About Getting Braces?
It’s time to rediscover your smile and confidence by calling our dedicated team at (562) 928-6913. We go above and beyond to provide our patients with the smile they want and deserve. Take the next step in this journey by booking your free consultation with Dr. Barkhordar today.